UPDATED! Summer in NYC is still on! And here’s how you can experience it.
August 20 Update. Upcoming Reopenings:
- Statue of Liberty Museum: August 24
- Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration: August 24
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not: August 26
- National Lighthouse Museum: August 26
- Museum of Modern Art (MOMA): August 27
- Museum of the City of New York: August 27
- New York Aquarium: August 27
- Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo & Prospect Park Zoo (indoor exhibitions): August 27
- American Folk Art Museum: August 28
- Fotografiska: August 28
- Madame Tussauds: August 28
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: August 29
- Poster House: August 31
- Whitney Museum of American Art: September 3
- The Morgan Library & Museum: September 5
- The Edge at Hudson Yards: September 8
- American Museum of Natural History: September 9
- Bronx Museum of the Arts: September 9
- The New-York Historical Society: September 11
- 9/11 Memorial Museum: September 12
- The Met Cloisters: September 12
- Brooklyn Museum: September 12
- El Museo del Barrio: September 12
- Museum of Jewish Heritage: September 13
- New Museum: September 15
- Museum of Arts and Design: September 17
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum: October 3
What would New York City be without its people, restaurants, shops, art galleries, parks, and beaches? Although we can’t dine indoors or attend a Broadway show, there is still so much to see and do in one of the greatest cities in the world. And in some ways, the city is even more fun. Streets have closed and outdoor dining areas have expanded all over the city. Here’s how we are enjoying NYC right now:
In every borough there are some great spots to take a break from cooking and enjoy the outdoors while enjoying a delicious meal (and helping out a small business!). Eater has a great list of ideas to start with.
Some restaurants are taking it up a notch like Ampia Restaurant and Rooftop in the Financial District. They debuted five plastic greenhouses for private dining amid the coronavirus pandemic.
If you’re looking to beat the heat this summer, the NYC Parks Cool It! NYC guide will help you find places to stay cool! With their new Cool It! NYC map, you can find places all across the city to hydrate, refresh, and stay in the shade.
Some New York City attractions are beginning to reopen in Phase 3, including the 9/11 Memorial, The Highline and Governors Island.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art and MOMA recently announced that they plan to open at the end of August and some of NYC’s most famous galleries are open now. David Zwirner, Ksmin Gallery and Lehmann Maupin to name a few.
While cities outside of NYC are restricting beach access to residents only, NYC beaches are open for all to enjoy. Our favorites are Rockaway Beach, Coney Island and Fort Tilden.
We are currently offering private tours. So get your small group together and take a deep dive into a neighborhood you want to learn more about! Most of our tours revolve around food but they all have storytelling and history throughout. We are happy to conduct any of these tours without food for a reduced price, just contact me to find out more! Please read our COVID-19 health & safety procedures before booking. Take a look at our long list of private tours.
Our virtual tours are still going strong! Be sure to check one out if you haven’t already. Here’s what we have coming up:
- Fifth Avenue & Rockefeller Center History & Hidden Secrets: August 19, 6-7pm
- Immigrant New York: History of the Lower East Side, Chinatown & Little Italy: August 26, 6-7pm
- Origins of NYC: September 2, 6-7:30pm
- Flatiron District History & Architecture: September 9, 6-7pm
We are also offering our virtual tours for your corporate happy hour or special friends and family get together! Contact me to find out more!
Sign up for a virtual tour today!
GETTING BACK TO NORMAL
Once we are operating our public tours again, to enhance safety protocols, our group sizes will be reduced to a maximum of 10 guests per tour. So our low tour prices will provide even more bang for the buck! And you can use code GIFT10 for 10% off our gift cards which never expire!