New York City is one of the best cities on Earth (if not THE best) and celebrating NYE here should be on everyone’s bucket list. Just make sure you have your transportation plans set (we recommend the subway).
Here are our top 5 picks for out of this world parties:
1. Diamond Horseshoe. The venue is amazing and with 5 hours of open bar for $99, you can’t go wrong! There are suer to be some great performances and hopefully the secret rooms are open. This is an especially convenient option if you’re staying in midtown!
2. BROOKLYN: Dances of Vice Parisian themed party at the Grand Prospect Hall. This troupe does not disappoint! Tickets here. TimeOut NY also has similar parties in their NYE roundup. (We also recommend the party at Brooklyn Bazaar — dropping 3,000 lbs of confetti from shredded 2016 love/hate notes.)
3. Get your classic NYC club fix and NYE spectacle all in one at Lavo. General admission starts at $149.
4. The East Village’s Bathtub Gin is a solid spot especially for the speakeasy or cocktail connoisseur. More info here (as well as a list of just about every hot spot in the city).
5. It’s not cheap but NYE at the Top of the Standard featuring Gladys Knight would be a once in a lifetime experience! Tickets are $272 per person but perhaps you can bring a couple flasks! Tickets and more info here. OR, head upstairs at The Standard East Village for primo viewing of the fireworks (and a less expensive option). Details in their newsletter.
For your morning after, head to Nitehawk Cinema for great flicks (including La La Land, Moonlight and Manchester by the Sea) + food all day. There’s even an 11:30am showing of When Harry Met Sally. Sigh.