So much to see and so little time! That’s why we came up with the self-guided Brooklyn tour that takes you to all the hot spots in Brooklyn on your own time.
- Self Guided Tour of Long Island Wine Country
The Best of the North Fork:
Long Island Wine Country
Experience true farm to table, incredible wine, craft beer and historical towns. You won’t believe you’re just 2 hours from New York City.
Duration: 3 Hours
Tour Includes: Printable tour map and guide to Long Island wineries, sights and more.
Tour Length: Visit as many spots as you have time for!
Driving Recommendations: Own a car or who will be renting one for the day or weekend.
Age Requirement: Some stops are 21+ to enter
The first of the area’s vineyards, Hargrave, was founded in 1974, and today continues as Castello De Borghese. The vineyards and wineries are an important part of the area’s economy. Many multi-generational family farms are still in operation throughout the region as well, and their farmstands are a popular attraction. During the Fall Harvest Season many of the farms host pumpkin picking and other attractions revolving around the harvest theme.
Did you know Albert Einstein was an avid sailor and spent summers on the North Fork? He also posted a letter to FDR which many say kicked off the Manhattan Project!
A visit to the picturesque North Fork provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy natural beauty and tranquility. Enjoy serene bike rides and hiking on country roads and through lush parks. Visit miles of beaches. The North Fork is completely surrounded by water – The Sound and the Bay, so there are endless beaches to visit, and historic lighthouses to marvel.
- Winery and restaurant recommendations with links
- Guide to the towns
- History, shopping, accommodations and special events
- Best beaches and hiking
- FALL: apple picking, pumpkin picking, harvest activities and more!
- WINTER: oysters! (and wineries!)
* Tour includes a printable PDF with recommendations on wineries, restaurants, farms, sights and more! Helps you organize your tour by town so you can plan a route that works for you based on time and transportation.