Explore America’s great melting pot: learn about the rich cultural diversity, history, and story of the struggling immigrants of the Lower East Side, Chinatown and Little Italy through food and storytelling.
- Price Per Person (Includes Food)
- 2 People
- 3-4 People
- 5-8 People
- 9-12 People
Dumplings, donuts, speakeasies and gangster stories.
Duration: 3 Hours
Tour Includes: Experienced guide, food, speakeasy visit, Canal Street, historical attractions
Tour Availability: 7 days a week. If you don’t see your preferred date and time, contact us!
Discover the hidden gems of Chinatown and Little Italy on this evening tour. There is a focus on the rich history of these neighborhoods while exploring, seeing the sights, stopping for amazing food at local spots and topping it all off with a special speakeasy experience.
Did you know the meatball was created in Little Italy? Learn why. Do you know how the famous Blood Church on Mulberry Street got it’s name? Or that the Chinese, barred from citizenship and its protections, formed their own internal structures that provided jobs, medical care and housing? There are also intense dark sides to both neighborhoods involving organized crime and government ties.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Dumplings (steamed and fried)
- Gourmet Doughnut or Malaysian Sweet Toast
- Seamless entrance into high-end speakeasy (avoid the lines!). Please note that alcoholic beverages are not included in the tour price.
- The best of Little Italy – two savory and one sweet stop
- Canal Street Shopping (we’ll help you haggle)
- We cover the rich history of early lower Manhattan with a focus on Prohibition, Little Italy, Chinatown, Five Points and the Gangs of New York, Immigration and Religion.
- Restaurants and food subject to change at any time
Can include Lower East Side and/or Soho as well.
Meeting Point: Columbus Park and we will walk about 2 miles