Enjoy some of New York City’s best and most unique food stops with a local on this private tour! Recommended by Fodor’s Travel! Enough food for brunch with fascinating tales from your guide along the way.
Private Chelsea Market, High Line & Hudson Yards Food & History Tour
Experience Chelsea Market, the Meatpacking District, the High Line and Hudson Yards!
- Thank you for booking directly with us! Use code GROUP10 for 10% off!
- Minimum Charge 1-4 People
- Per Person 5+ People
Enjoy a guided stroll through Chelsea Market, the High Line, through the galleries of Chelsea and to Hudson Yards and the Vessel.
Duration: 3 Hours
Tour Includes: All food, enough for lunch! Option to add on extra stops/drinks for additional price
Walking Distance: Two miles.
Are you ready for a culinary adventure that will leave your taste buds dancing? Join us as we explore the culinary wonders of the famous Chelsea neighborhood, where history and innovation meet, and where iconic landmarks are just the backdrop for irresistible flavors. Our expert tour guides are here to make every step of your journey as delectable as the food you’ll taste.
- Chelsea Market Secrets: Our adventure begins in the heart of the vibrant Chelsea district, at the renowned Chelsea Market. Join us as we peel back the layers of this food lover’s paradise, where local artisans and chefs showcase their culinary prowess. As you stroll through this vibrant hub, our guides will immerse you in the rich tapestry of New York City’s culinary history, setting the stage for the feast ahead.
- Market 57 at Pier 57: Market 57, located on the historic Pier 57, showcases the very essence of New York City’s diverse and innovative gastronomy, all while honoring the culinary legacy of the great James Beard through the James Beard Foundation. While you indulge in delectable dishes, don’t forget to soak in the stunning views of the Hudson River and the awe-inspiring architecture that surrounds Pier 57, and even take a peek at Lady Liberty in the distance!
- High Line and Hudson Yards Views: After satisfying your palate, we shift gears and explore the incredible architecture and panoramic views from the world-famous High Line. Get ready for awe-inspiring moments as you soak in panoramic views of the cityscape from the world-famous High Line and the iconic Vessel at Hudson Yards. Capture Instagram-worthy photos that will make your friends green with envy.
- Diverse Food Stops: Now, let’s dive into the main course of our adventure—the food! We’ve curated a selection of delectable stops to satisfy your foodie cravings at both Chelsea Market & Market 57:
- Filaga Pizza: Experience the magic of New York-style pizza at Filaga Pizza, a local favorite.
- Takumi Taco: Journey into the fusion world of mouthwatering tacos, where diverse flavors collide.
- Joey Bats: try a taste of Portugal right here in NYC with these delicious “Pastéis de Natas”, delicious mini tarts!
- Doughnuttery Doughnuts: Satiate your sweet tooth with scrumptious mini doughnuts, a bite-sized delight.
- Nom Wah: a LES favorite since 1920, now in Chelsea! Taste their famous dumplings
- Local Roots: wash all the yummy food down with a special Boba Tea treat!
Please note that our tour stops are subject to change at any time, ensuring that we provide you with the most up-to-date and exciting foodie experiences in the city.
🍻 Toast to Your NYC Journey! 🍻 As a special treat, we’ve arranged a complimentary 5oz. draft pour at The Bronx Brewery in Hudson Yards for you to enjoy after your tour. Details will be provided in your confirmation email upon booking, so you can continue the festivities.
Join us on this epic culinary voyage through the heart of New York City, and let your taste buds be your guide. Book your adventure today, and get ready to elevate your foodie game to new heights!
Additional notes: This food tour is great for vegetarians. You can indulge in sangria (happy hour pricing for us at Takumi!), beer or wine (additional cost).
Local Roots NYC is an independent, minority woman-owned business and grassroots movement building a community-driven, regenerative food system in New York City. Established back in 2011, we’re all about connecting our fellow neighbors with local family farmers, bringing the joy and nutrition of peak-flavor food to more and more neighborhoods, and supporting our local community to create a healthier, more just, sustainable and delicious future — for all of us. Join the Local Roots NYC Harvest Club and subscribe to get weekly, farm-fresh harvests. Or come see, smell and taste the terroir of the Northeast for yourself at our Local Roots Market & Cafe located in charming Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. Check out our impact:
Growing vibrant local communities and healthy, resilient local economies
Inspiring a sustainable farm-to-kitchen cooking culture among fellow New Yorkers
Replacing toxic, conventional food systems with nutrient-dense, regenerative alternatives
Rehabilitating local soils and waterways to preserve farmlands for future generations
Ensuring the humane treatment of animals and sustainable livestock management
Reimagining business as a force for good that nourishes our members, farmers and our planet
On your tour you will hear the term “social impact”, but what does that really mean? For us, social impact is making sure that we have a positive impact on the communities we live and work in, as well as the amazing places we explore with our tours. We believe that truly experiencing a place “like a local” means having meaningful engagement that supports local, community-based organizations and learning about their causes and the people making them happen. Just as we carefully select the places you’ll visit and the food you’ll try, we have also carefully selected our social impact partners to showcase the amazing work being done in our communities. Your patronage on our tours is a small act to help these initiatives flourish. We want to help our visitors explore NYC on an authentic level and make sure that we are all having a positive impact while doing it.
Although the area was originally residential, markets have existed in the district since the 1840s. People moved into tenements in the Meatpacking District in the 1820s to escape epidemics in what was then the main part of New York. In 1900, 250 slaughterhouses and packing plants filled the district; by the 1930s, those houses produced the nation’s third-largest volume of dressed meats. Five meatpacking companies still operate in the district. Boutiques and bars are more common than rump roasts these days, and the neighborhood continues to evolve almost daily.
Chelsea Market is a food hall, shopping mall, office building and television production facility located in the Chelsea neighborhood of the borough of Manhattan, in New York City. It was built in the former National Biscuit Company (Nabisco) factory complex where the Oreo cookie was invented and produced.
The High Line
“Built on a historic, elevated freight line destined for demolition, the High Line has inspired millions worldwide as an example of how cities can reuse industrial spaces to create beautiful, hybrid spaces.”
Hudson Yards is the largest real estate development project in the history of the United States! It features five acres of public space and gardens with the centerpiece being the Vessel which is an interactive landmark. There is one million square feet of shops and restaurants as well as office buildings and residential buildings. It has its own MTA subway stop off the 7 line. The 7 was extended to end here (previously the last stop was Times Square).
There is a 10% non-refundable cancellation fee for holding the tour guide and the tour date. The balance of the tour is fully refundable up to 72 hours before the tour date.