Explore America’s great melting pot: learn about the rich cultural diversity, history, and story of the struggling immigrants of the Lower East Side, Chinatown and Little Italy through food and storytelling.
- 2 People (price per person)
- 3-4 People (price per person)
- 5-8 People (price per person)
- 9-12 People (price per person)
Enjoy some of New York City’s best and most unique Flatiron food stops with a local!
Recommended by Fodor’s Travel!
Duration: 3 Hours
Tour Includes: Enough food for lunch!
Walking Distance: 1 mile or 1.6km. Please wear comfortable clothing/shoes.
Tour meeting point: gold Tiffany’s clock in front of Eataly, located at 200 5th Avenue, New York, NY.
Enjoy some of New York City’s best and most unique food stops with a local! Eat your way through two of New York’s most iconic and picturesque neighborhoods, Flatiron and Union Square, while learning incredible history and architecture throughout the tour.
Included on the food tour:
- Delicious breakfast focaccia at epic artisanal Italian food emporium, Eataly
- Historic Eisenberg’s Sandwich Shop (a celebrity favorite), established in 1939, for a classic New York sandwich. Vegetarian option: bagel with cream cheese, challah french toast or egg salad sandwich.
- Cheese samples plus an out-of-this-world grilled cheese sandwich at Beecher’s Cheese, where believe it or not, they make cheese right in the middle of Manhattan!
- Award-winning baked goods at Bread’s Bakery
- Stop for photos at the famous Flatiron Building
- Explore Madison Square Park and Union Square and learn about their incredible history.
This food tour is great for families!
Our tour guides: All of our tour guides are working actors, comedians or writers, as well as amazing storytellers. Every tour comes packed with personality!
New complimentary service: We now offer free photos to all of our guests! Your guide has been trained to capture the best possible photos of your experience. Your album will be sent to you via email or text where you can view, download and share your photos on social media immediately after — completely complimentary of course.
- Madison Square Park
- Outdoor sculpture art
- Eisenberg’s Sandwich Shop
- Flatiron Building
- Beecher’s Handmade Cheese
- Union Square Farmer’s Market (Wed, Fri & Sat only)
- Bread’s Bakery
- Start: Eataly, 200 5th Avenue (between 23rd & 24th Streets)
- Optional restaurants for group tours: Obica Mozzarella Bar, Grimaldi’s Pizza, Schnipper’s Quality Kitchen, Tacombi, City Bakery, Belgian Beer Cafe and more.
Over a hundred years ago, the Flatiron District was a very important commercial and residential district in New York City. The Met Life Tower was once the tallest building in the world, many important historical figures lived in the neighborhood and there was, of course, Ladies Mile. Today, this incredibly beautiful and charming neighborhood is full of the city’s best restaurants and shops. Come enjoy all the modern day popularity of the Flatiron District and hear the interesting tales of what came before.