Learn about the incredible history, architecture and hidden stories of NYC’s Flatiron District on this live guided, virtual walk and talk experience.
NYC’s most happening neighborhood. Learn the history and hidden stories of Greenwich Village on this engaging virtual tour!
Despite rough beginnings, Greenwich Village has become one of New York’s most popular neighborhoods. Completely different from the rest of bustling Manhattan, Greenwich Village has been ground zero for some of the most famous music scenes and political movements in American history. Not to mention all the wonderful movie and television shows filmed there, from Sex and the City to Friends.
Join us for a virtual walk and talk around the neighborhood that movie stars and NYU have made their home for a fascinating exploration of what many to consider to be New York City’s first neighborhood! We will also point out some of the best food and restaurants the neighborhood has to offer!
|Quick Details about this Virtual NYC Tour:
What: live guided history and architecture tour of Greenwich Village
When: Saturdays from Noon to 1:00 pm
Location: Manhattan (Virtual)
Duration: 1 Hour
Enjoy some of New York City’s best history virtually, with a local!
On this tour we will discuss:
- Birth of the folk music scene and beatnik culture
- History of New York City’s Oldest Neighborhood
- New York University
- How Washington Square Park was once a public burial ground
- Discuss the tragedy of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire
- Discuss some of the original inhabitants of the area like “Little Africa”
- Explore some of the beautiful, and at times, quirky buildings in the neighborhood
- Go to the speakeasy that inspired the phrase “86 it!”
- Explore the narrowest house in New York City and the smallest privately owned piece of land in NYC.
- Discuss the Stonewall Inn and the birth of the LGBTQ movement
- Point out where they filmed some of your favorite movies and television shows like “Friends!”
Our tour guides: All of our tour guides are working actors, comedians or writers, as well as amazing storytellers. Every tour comes packed with personality!