Learn about the incredible history and hidden stories of NYC’s Greenwich Village on this live guided, virtual walk and talk experience.
Explore America’s great melting pot: learn about the rich cultural diversity, history, and incredible stories of the struggling immigrants of Lower Manhattan.
Virtually walk in the footsteps of immigrants, gangsters and early politicians. Explore the tenements of the Lower East Side, the bustling streets of Chinatown and iconic Little Italy. See the streets where America began. You’ll learn about the early days of the city’s various immigrant populations in three distinct Lower Manhattan neighborhoods: the Lower East Side, Chinatown and Little Italy. Hear about the living conditions of these early settlers and how their presence shaped New York.
|Quick Details about this Virtual NYC Tour:
What: live guided virtual tour of the Lower East Side, Chinatown and Little Italy
When: Wednesday, August 26 from 6-7:00pm
Location: Manhattan (Virtual)
Duration: 1 Hour
On this tour we will discuss:
- The development of New York’s first neighborhoods.
- Tenement life for many immigrants.
- Early businesses and the ones that still exist.
- How the Lower East Side is an endangered neighborhood.
- Beginnings of the mafias of Little Italy and Chinatown.
- The different food cultures that give each neighborhood flavor.
- Synagogues and churches that have stood the test of time.
Explore these neighborhoods SAFELY in person with our private tour: Lower East Side, Chinatown & Little Italy Immigrant Tour.
Our tour guides: All of our tour guides are working actors, comedians or writers, as well as amazing storytellers. Every tour comes packed with personality!