We are Hiring!
Who we are and WHO we need:
Like A Local Tours is a New York City based, woman-founded tour company that was launched in 2014. We have served over 10,000 customers and specialize in high-quality, authentic experiences. We are looking for a rockstar operations manager who carries a torch for the tourism industry. With plans to launch several more unique experiences this upcoming year as well as exploring additional cities, this is an exciting opportunity for hands on experience in one of the fastest growing sectors of travel: tours and activities. You’ll be working alongside a passionate team and working directly with the CEO.
A typical day on the job includes overseeing all tour and office operations as well as working directly with management on the growth and expansion of the business. While you need “people helping superpowers” to be great, you will also be tasked with the nitty gritty of the operational details that make the business run smoothly. As the ideal candidate, you enjoy solving problems and creating efficient processes. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you won’t be scared to ask for help, or you will enjoy digging in until you find it.
Like A Local Tours has specialized in food tours since its inception, but post-pandemic, has pivoted towards sustainable social impact experiences. This initiative is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in new areas of tourism. The vision is to use tourism to educate and engage global citizens in exploring NYC through a social impact, environmental justice and sustainability lens. Working in tourism in NYC, you will have a backstage pass to one of the biggest tourism stages in the world. You will also have the opportunity to work with organizations such as NYC and Company, Tourism Cares and more.
Let’s talk more seriously, let’s talk responsibilities:
Customer Service & Relationship Management [30%]
- Provide exceptional customer service for all tours and business operations.
- Communicate with prospective customers, guests, and partners via phone and email.
- Help solve any post-tour issues with guests, partnering establishments, tour guides, etc.
- Help improve guest experience on existing tours.
Office & Tour Operations [70%]
- Maintain office operations and procedures, including, but not limited to tour guide payroll, tour guide scheduling as well as vendor and partner relations.
- Update and manage tour offerings on all reseller platforms.
- Help recruit, interview, hire, and train new tour guides.
- Manage tour calendar including booking private tours.
- Coordinate with partners when necessary about upcoming tours and guest numbers.Potential Growth Opportunities
Potential Growth Opportunities
- Assist and coordinate existing marketing efforts including managing social media platforms.
- Revise workflow organization processes.
- Create and develop new experiences.
- Negotiate rates, discounts and cost with vendors.
- Create new and maintain existing relationships with local organizations, hotels, companies, etc.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Attend conferences, networking events and tourism industry events.
What our ideal candidate looks like:
- Go getter: You think on your feet. You like learning new things. And you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- Maybe you have a college degree, maybe you don’t; we are more interested in your ability to solve problems, your prior experience, as well as your ability to succeed.
- You are motivated, driven and you are a team player.
- You are a fantastic communicator.
- You love the details and can solve a puzzle like no one else and in record time.
- You know your way around WordPress (mainly to edit verbiage).
- You know your tech and can show us a thing or two (ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, etc.).
- What will make you stand out is prior operations and administrative experience.
Perks of the job:
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work 100% remotely
- Possibility to attend national and international travel conferences
Like A Local Tours is an equal opportunity employer.
Tour Guide for Walking Food Tours!
Like A Local Tours is looking for guides for our highly rated food tours! Like A Local Tours is a New York City based, woman-founded and operated tour company that was launched in 2014. Since then we have served over 10,000 customers and specialize in high-quality, authentic and fun experiences. With plans to launch several more unique experiences this upcoming year as well as exploring additional cities, this is an exciting opportunity for hands on experience in one of the fastest growing sectors of travel: tours and activities.
Our tour guides bring destinations to life through the art of storytelling and leave lasting impressions with top-notch customer service. You will be part entertainer, part concierge, part encyclopedia- juggling all of these roles with a smile on your face and a belly full of some of the best bites NYC has to offer.
A passion for NYC and Brooklyn as well as a sense of humor and positive attitude are musts! Our tour size is a maximum of 14 people to ensure an excellent experience. You must be available to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons with other days optional / as needed.
- Familiar with and passionate about Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Licensed NYC Tour Guide preferred
- Comfortable speaking clearly in front of crowds
- Availability Friday-Sundays between 10:30-3pm
- Organized and detail oriented
- People person who enjoys interacting with diverse groups
- Independent fast learner who can think on their feet
- Over 21
We offer an hourly pay of $25-35, and crowd-pleasing personalities can go a long way for gratuities.
If this sounds like you, please don’t waste any time and send us a cover letter and resume letting us know why you’re the perfect fit as the next Like A Local Tours Tour Guide!