From Eataly to NYC’s best bagel, this tour is enough food for lunch with incredible history and architecture along the way. Recommended by Fodor’s! Tour runs Fri, & Sat 10:30am-1:30pm.
Immigrant New York Food Tour: Lower East Side, Chinatown & Little Italy
Incredible history and delicious food from New York's melting pot.
Duration: 3 Hours
Tour Includes: 6 tastings! Professional tour guide and enough food for lunch!
Dietary Restrictions: Vegetarian & Vegan friendly; Gluten Free not currently available on this tour.
Walking Distance: 2 miles. Guests must be able to move at a moderate pace.
Meeting Location: Essex Market
Tour Capacity: 4 people minimum / 14 people maximum
- Thank you for booking directly with us! Use code LAL10 for 10% off
- Adult (11 years & up)
- Child (4-10)
- Children 3 & under
New York City is a city built by immigrants; take a walk in their footsteps and explore the tenements of the Lower East Side, the busting streets of Chinatown and the iconic heart of Little Italy.
Are you ready to immerse yourself in a culinary adventure that not only delights your taste buds but also unveils the tales of immigrants who shaped New York City’s food culture? Join us as we embark on a journey through the city that never sleeps, where the legacy of countless newcomers blends seamlessly with the modern, and where iconic landmarks serve as the backdrop for unforgettable food experiences. With our expert guides by your side, prepare to traverse a delicious tapestry of history, heritage, and flavors.
- Lower East Side: Begin your food odyssey in the Lower East Side, a neighborhood steeped in immigrant history and culinary tradition. Stroll through its bustling streets, lined with tenements that whisper tales of the past. Our guides will regale you with captivating stories, setting the stage for the gastronomic adventure ahead.
- Chinatown: Dive deeper into the city’s culinary mosaic as you venture into the vibrant streets of Chinatown. Discover the flavors and aromas of this iconic neighborhood, where tradition meets innovation.
- Little Italy: Your journey continues to the heart of Little Italy, where the essence of Italian heritage thrives. Immerse yourself in the rich culture as you explore historic landmarks and indulge in classic Italian delights. It’s an authentic taste of the Old World in the heart of the city.
- Essex Market: A recent addition to our tour, Essex Market is a culinary treasure trove. Experience the vibrant market atmosphere and sample a fusion of global flavors and artisanal creations. It’s a paradise for foodies.
- Old World & New World flavors collide at these included food stops:
- Mille Nonne: Begin your culinary journey with reimagined Italian classics from our zero-waste, socially impactful partner.
- North Dumplings: Unearth a hidden gem in the heart of Chinatown, where dumplings reign supreme.
- Kossar’s Bagels & Bialys: Savor the authentic taste of a classic bialy, a cherished New York delicacy.
- Economy Candy: A Lower East Side institution since 1937, satisfying sweet cravings with an array of confections.
- Yonah Schimmel: Sample a local favorite, the iconic knish, and savor its history.
- Nolita Pizza: Get a taste of Little Italy with one of the city’s finest pizza slices, a true New York classic.
- Ferrara’s Bakery & Cafe: Indulge in the sweet essence of Little Italy with Ferrara’s legendary cannolis.
Please note that our food stops may be subject to change to ensure your experience remains fresh and exciting.
As you traverse these neighborhoods, your guide will unveil architectural gems and share insights into the cultural influences that have shaped the city’s food scene. From historic synagogues to street art, you’ll gain a deeper appreciation for the vibrant tapestry of New York City’s Lower East Side.
Join us on this NYC Foodie Adventure and let us take you on a journey that ignites your sense of wonder, tantalizes your taste buds, and leaves you with a deeper appreciation for the diverse and delicious tapestry of New York City’s culture and cuisine.
Our tour guides are some of NYC’s best! We bring destinations to life through engaging storytelling.
Don’t see the date and time you want? Book this tour as a private tour.
After many years in the restaurant business, Pilar Rigon, Mille Nonne Chef and Co-founder, felt the need for a new approach to Italian food. Partnering with her husband Bernardo Notargiacomo they created Mille Nonne (A Thousand Grandmothers), a zero-waste and sustainable concept based on providing happiness through great dishes, with a modern and diverse touch. At Mille Nonne each ingredient is used at its full extent, while creativity and respect are key.
On your tour you will hear the term “social impact”, but what does that really mean? For us, social impact is making sure that we have a positive impact on the communities we live and work in, as well as the amazing places we explore with our tours. We believe that truly experiencing a place “like a local” means having meaningful engagement that supports local, community-based organizations and learning about their causes and the people making them happen. Just as we carefully select the places you’ll visit and the food you’ll try, we have also carefully selected our social impact partners to showcase the amazing work being done in our communities. Your patronage on our tours is a small act to help these initiatives flourish. We want to help our visitors explore NYC on an authentic level and make sure that we are all having a positive impact while doing it.
Plans sometimes change. We get it; it happens to us too. So we’re happy to provide a hassle-free, 100% refund if you give us 24 hours’ notice.
Inside of 24 hours, we’ve already started preparing for your visit, and can’t easily fill your slot, so we sadly can’t provide you a refund in that case.